Connecting to Sewer or Water


Connecting to Village Sewer or Water Checklist

  • Contact the Village to determine if your property is in a Special Service Area (SSA).
  • If your property is already in a SSA, the sewer or water tap will most likely be at the edge of your property. Contact the Village regarding calculation of appropriate hook-up fees and location of tap.
  • If you are not in a SSA, contact the Village Manager or Water/Sewer Commissioners regarding the closest connection and to discuss self funding vs. creating a new SSA with your neighbors.
  • Submit survey showing where service (stake proposed service line) will run from tap point to building entry. Note any disruptions to landscape or buffers.
  • Submit Building Permit Application.
  • Call JULIE to mark for conflicting utilities and Village Forester to review proposed service location.
  • Contact the Village to confirm if you will be liable for recapture fees to existing SSAs, and what those costs will be.
  • Secure Proper Permit and pay appropriate connection and building fees.
  • Contractor can now install service.
  • Call for required inspections before trench is filled.
  • When service is finished, call for a final inspection, also review with Village Manager, Building Commissioner, or Water/Sewer Commissioner.
  • Have your surveyor revise your plat of survey to include the route of the service and submit a copy to the Village.
Village of Bannockburn  2275 Telegraph Road, Bannockburn, IL 60015  Phone: 847-945-6080  Fax: 847-945-6538
©2014 Village of Bannockburn