Connecting to Sewer or Water
Connecting to Village Sewer or Water Checklist
- Contact the Village to determine if your property is in a Special Service Area (SSA).
- If your property is already in a SSA, the sewer or water tap will most likely be at the edge of your property. Contact the Village regarding calculation of appropriate hook-up fees and location of tap.
- If you are not in a SSA, contact the Village Manager or Water/Sewer Commissioners regarding the closest connection and to discuss self funding vs. creating a new SSA with your neighbors.
- Submit survey showing where service (stake proposed service line) will run from tap point to building entry. Note any disruptions to landscape or buffers.
- Submit Building Permit Application.
- Call JULIE to mark for conflicting utilities and Village Forester to review proposed service location.
- Contact the Village to confirm if you will be liable for recapture fees to existing SSAs, and what those costs will be.
- Secure Proper Permit and pay appropriate connection and building fees.
- Contractor can now install service.
- Call for required inspections before trench is filled.
- When service is finished, call for a final inspection, also review with Village Manager, Building Commissioner, or Water/Sewer Commissioner.
- Have your surveyor revise your plat of survey to include the route of the service and submit a copy to the Village.